Like Us

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Telling the Tale



When someone talks about 'Deyal', I find myself in a little spot. What to say? Designing or directing a production is not unusual; I can see from the revered 'outside'. But around ‘Deyal’, there is no 'outside' to it, as I am the only actor on stage. Your appreciations and criticisms are humbling, to say the least. And more than that, indicative of the immense expectations that I should strive to fulfill – as an actor, a performer. I can only say, thank you, please bear with me, be there, with us.
An Other thing about 'Deyal', the mode of storytelling, which perhaps captured your imagination, is driving us crazy. So much that it won’t leave us even if it is not a solo performance. It is maddening, really. One might say, after all these years; why are we taking back the theatrical, the performative, to the tyrannical domain of the descriptive, narrative. Or, else, why should we be apologetic? As someone said, my consciousness is not illuminated with ultimate radiances. Perhaps, only in a roundabout way, I came to feel (not ‘know’) the fathomless; there is no honest ‘outside’ to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment